CSS is an innovative approach to getting a service dog trained
- No waitlist
- Customized options for you to receive a service or therapy dog
- Personalized training in your home area
- Client has ownership of the dog
- Owners can participate in training
- Any CSS dog in training lives at the trainers home.
- Ongoing support for the working life of your dog
- Wade – our head trainer will personally oversee each dog in training
What is the process to getting a CSS trained service dog?
Because CSS is so personalized you will need to start off with a consultation to decide what you need and how much help or training you’ll need, to achieve your goal to getting a service dog.
This will also help you decide whether you would like:
- A fully trained service dog
- Getting a puppy and participating in owner training your dog
- Getting your current dog assessed and filling in the gaps to getting your dog certified
You can expect to meet with Wade for about 90min at your home or at a local mall. There is no obligation to continue with CSS after the consultation.
Once you’ve decided which option suits your life-style, Wade will schedule weekly one-on-one training sessions or as frequent as you both decide.
How much does a service dog cost?
At Canine Support Services we have removed the overhead of being a registered charity, the expense of fundraising, and the cost of running a dedicated kennel. This allows us to focus on the support of helping you train and certify your dog or selecting raising and training a service dog for you. The cost of the dog will depend on the type of dog you require and the services it will perform but typically our dogs are provided for much less than through a charity. If you already have a suitable dog (we will assess to be sure) and can do some of the training yourself that will help reduce costs even further.
Many of our clients fundraise for some of all of the cost of their dogs. We can provide you with some suggestions.
Costs can vary depending on what training option you decide on. You can discuss a payment plan with Wade if you need to, this makes it easy and affordable.
CSS is also a partner with a local charity which will help with some or all of the training costs of your service dog. To find out more click on the link to Partners with Paws. Founder Jacqueline Gori, had so much confidence in CSS that when it came to training her own service dog Samson she contacted Wade.